HPE StoreEver Archive Manager for LTO Ultrium Tape Libraries
Does your organization store data sets that are rarely, if ever, accessed but required to be retained due to policy or regulations? Are these cold or stale data sets cluttering your primary storage and backup / restore capabilities?
The HPE StoreEver Archive Manager Software solution integrates into storage workflow by creating an archive of infrequently-accessed data sets onto cost-effective tape by moving data from primary storage to reliable HPE StoreEver LTO Tape Libraries such as the StoreEver MSL6480.
HPE StoreEver Archive Migrator and HPE StoreEver Archive Replicator execute polices for identifying target archive data and enables copying data to multiple tapes, ensuring a secure archives that can scale over time to thousands of terabytes.
Effectively Offload Data Sets to an LTO Tape Library Archive
- Actively manage an archive of unused or infrequently accessed data sets by moving data fromprimary storage to a virtualized LTO Tape Library
- Scale to thousands of terabytes allowing flexibility and easy access to the data
- As data ages, create policies to copy, move, stub, and migrate data to allow for effective long-term LTO tape storage
Save Money and Declutter Primary Storage with Cost-effective and Proven LTO Tape Media
- Simple data migration from primary storage to proven and reliable LTO Tape media
- Reduce backup times by offloading infrequently accessed data sets to long-term Tape archive
- Offload cold or stale data to Tape Libraries and complement existing data workflow
Customize Archive Policies to Meet Your Business Needs
- Options to effectively customize policy for identifying and migrating data to be copied or transferred to an archive
- Set up policies for multiple copies of data sets, on-site or at other locations on the network
- Integrate with existing data verification tools to automate media integrity.